Sunday 23 January 2011

Laura's got talent.

Well, actually, not.
I love Got to Dance. The wonderful dance-related talent show on Sky1.
Oh yes. To fill the void between Xfactor and Britains Got Talent, Sky has supplied us with hours and hours (Five consecutive hours on a Saturday night, to be exact), of dance. Street dance, Ballet, body popping, jazz, salsa, ballroom...you name it, they bring it.

OH... and not to mention the Wonderful ADAM GARCIA.
My heart melts a bit every time I see him. ♥ ♥ ♥ So a few hours of him for an evening suits me very well.

Anyway... before I let my mind wander...

I LOVE good dancers. I could watch ballet or street dance for hours and hours on end. I can really appreciate the time, balance, self discipline, determination and gruelling workout schedules involved in putting a three minute routine together. Some acts don't even make it through to the second round, and when you can see the disappointment in the faces of 8 year -olds who have clearly put their heart and soul into the performance, you can't help but to shed a little tear.
What most people don't realise is that I was once a dancer. Oh yes... ME. The girl who dances like her hair is on fire, and with the grace of an elephant on stilts. I now find a 20 minute sprint a challenge, whereas 10 years ago I would dance for hours on a Saturday afternoon.
That was, of course, until I realised that actually... I was RUBBISH. Oh yes. So bad that even three years of dance classes couldn't fix it. As it happens, I have worse coordination than a blindfolded cowboy at a barn dance. I still find it difficult dancing without hitting people, knocking things around and tripping over.
I've gotten used to the fact that I will never be able to win Got To Dance, But entering will at least get me a hug from ADAM GARCIA ♥ .
I may not get the £250,000 prize, but I can at least get near my man :)

Got to dance 2012, here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment