Thursday 24 June 2010

my first post....

I had thought about writing about specific things, but then realised it would limit what i actually write, and people tell me i should get a blog to stop spamming their Facebook newsfeeds, So this is my attempt.

On Monday I went into HMV to get my copy of Examples new album 'Won't go Quietly' for £9.99 which I think is good value, as it has 2 discs & 20 songs as well as milions of added features. I feel that i should point out that Example will never get a bad review from me, he is a comedy genious and made a mark on UK hip-hop that hasn't been seen since the days of so solid crew (i'm joking about the so solid crew bit...they were awful) and his tour diaries are incredibly funny. But back to the album... his newest work steps away from the days of 'me & mandy' and 'girl can't dance' but the first singles from the album 'When the sun comes up' and 'won't go quietly' have inevitably propelled him into the mainstream and gained him more fans as well as positions in the top 10. The tracks 'Hooligans' and 'Dirty Face' are more similar to the tracks of 2006-2009 and will put a smile on the faces of his oldest fans.

Example is always a hit on the festival circuit, and this year will be no exception. I've been lucky enough to see him twice this year, and my fingers are crossed that he'll be playing near me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment